CNN is reporting that the FBI wiretapped former Trump for President chairman Paul Manafort before and after last year’s election. While unconfirmed, it would fit a pattern of investigations into Manafort’s ties to pro-Russian autocrats in Ukraine, and also despots in general.
While the transcripts have not been made public, here are 10 things we’re sure to learn from them.
- Manafort speaks Russian with a coarse New England accent.
- The Trump Organization charged him $1.99 a minute to make outgoing calls from their properties.
- Spent several months thinking Ivanka was the wife and Melania was the daughter.
- Regularly calls the National Weather Service hotline for the current temperature.
- Occasionally had to field calls from Candidate Trump pretending to be his own publicist.
- Is a longtime caller to WFAN and thinks the Jets should have drafted a quarterback.
- Is on a first name basis with Vladimir Putin, Rupert Murdoch, Kim Jong-Un, Dick Cheney, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and the guy who played Hitler in Inglorious Basterds.
- Took a sales call from Conde Nast and is currently enjoying a 6 month trial subscription to Golf Digest.
- Once had really hot phone sex with Anthony Weiner.
- Mostly just on hold with the cable company.