Guest: David Cohen is the former Deputy Director of the CIA and former Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence in the U.S. Department of the Treasury. He’s currently a partner at WilmerHale.
*Interview taped on 1/14/19.
On this episode of Stay Tuned, Preet and David discuss:
– The latest reporting from the New York Times and the Washington Post on Trump and Russia
– The key components of a successful sanctions program and the Trump administration’s approach to Russia and North Korea
– The persisting threat of jihadist ideology
– America’s influence in the world
References made in the episode:
– David Frum’s article about issuing a subpoena to the president’s interpreter
– Vanita Gupta’s article, “Bill Barr Must Not Be Sessions 2.0 on Civil Rights”
– The Washington Post report on Trump’s private conversations with Putin
– The New York Times reporting the FBI started a counterintelligence inquiry into Trump
– Preet’s tweet on Trump and NATO
– Report that the Trump Administration decided to lift sanctions imposed on the Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska’s companies
– The SDNY’s Reza Zarrab case
– The 2018 Chicago Council on Global Affairs report, “America Engaged”
– The joint statement issued by President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un after June’s 2018 Summit in Singapore
– Trump’s declaration of love to Kim Jong Un
– John Brennan’s twitter feed
– The Wall Street Journal story on Turkey seeking the extradition of basketball player Enes Kanter
Do you have a question for Preet? Tweet them to @PreetBharara with the hashtage #askpreet, email email@example.com, or call 699-247-7338 and leave a voicemail.
Please disable ad blockers or privacy extensions and reload to subscribe.