CAFE Insider 07/15: U.S. v. Jeffrey Epstein
In this clip from the CAFE Insider podcast, Preet Bharara and Anne Milgram address reporting that Jeffrey Epstein was an intelligence asset and assess a proposal by Epstein’s lawyers that he should be released pending trial into his home where he’d create, at his own cost, what would essentially be a private jail.
To listen to the full episode, become a member at CAFE Insider at cafe.com/insider.
REFERENCES & SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS
- “Labor Secretary Acosta News Conference,” C-SPAN, 7/10/19
- United States v. Jeffrey Epstein, the government’s bail memorandum
- United States v. Jeffrey Epstein, the defense’s bail memorandum
- Dual and successive prosecution policy (“petite policy”), Justice Manual, 9-2.031
- Equal Protection, Legal Information Institute
- “To Avoid Jail Before Trial, Epstein Offers Up His Mansion and Jet for Bail,” New York Times, 7/11/19
- “Epstein Paid $350,000 to Possible Witnesses Against Him, Prosecutors Say,” New York Times, 7/12/19
- “Jeffrey Epstein Is Indicted on Sex Charges as Discovery of Nude Photos Is Disclosed,” New York Times, 7/8/19
- “Jeffrey Epstein’s Sick Story Played Out for Years in Plain Sight,” Daily Beast, 7/9/19