In this clip from CAFE Insider, Preet and his co-host Anne Milgram discuss Mueller’s approach to the report and whether Barr will invoke executive privilege.
To listen to the full episode, become a member at CAFE Insider at cafe.com/insider
References and supplemental material
Bill Barr and the Mueller Report
– Barr’s second letter to lawmakers giving an update on the release of the Mueller report
– Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure: Rule 6 (e) “The Grand Jury, Recording and Disclosing the Proceedings”
– The 2008 Office of Legal Counsel Opinion, “Assertion of Executive Privilege Concerning the Special Counsel’s Interviews of the Vice President and Senior White House Staff”
– An article in the NYT reporting on the length and release of Mueller’s report
– An explainer from the Washington Post on how executive privilege works and how it doesn’t
In order for members to sign up and log in, visitors should disable ad blockers and privacy extensions. We do not serve ads or share your data.