A protestant church in Germany will be holding a very different kind of service on Sunday, one that highlights the Star Wars films and how they relate to God. Vicar Ulrike Garve, of Berlin’s Zion Church, said that the service would discuss “the theological motives and parallels in the Star Wars episodes.”
While this sounds like the best time anyone will have at Sunday service ever, there are few things we hope they discuss.
1) The whole sister kissing brother thing. Totally not Bible-appropriate, right?
2) Anakin Skywalker killed a whole lot of kids on his way to becoming Darth Vader. Please tell us he went to Hell for that.
3) Did the slaves Moses led out of Egypt wear tiny gold bikinis?
4) Was Darth Vader’s line, “I am your father” taken directly from a conversation between God and Jesus?
5) Can you find little warrior teddy bears in the Bible?
6) What color is God’s lightsaber?
7) Has Obi-Wan Kenobi been made a saint yet and if not, shouldn’t he be?
8) If Jar Jar Binks were a real person would God be okay with his murder?
9) If you go to the Dark side but then come back to the Light side can you still become Pope?
10) Oh, Popes are only a Catholic thing?
11) Lando is totally a Judas, right?